+

Friday, May 4, 2012

A better picture

Hi again....
I've gone back and forth in the past 24 hours over whether I am happy with my Mermaids of the Deep Blue !!! But either way I hung them in the soon to be mermaid bathroom and will "live" with them for a bit...... Here's the better pic. Let me know what you think!
P.S. it didn't help that when dear hubby saw it he just shrugged his shoulders and said the stitching was amazing but the frame he wasn't sure about .....that darn seed of doubt ....

17 comments:

  1. FWIW, I love it just as it is. I like the frame, personally. You could always send the piece to me :D!

    (Just kidding! :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch!!! Ha They are staying here....

      Delete
  2. Don't doubt! They are extremely amazing (the stitching, the fabric, the framing, all of it) and I am not just saying this!

    I feel the same thing whenever I change things on a design or when I get it framed. I look at my Mermaids of the deep blue and wonder if I should have done Stephanie's version and wonder if the mats I picked actually work with it.

    Also, I don't get much notice of any of my pieces from my family members (my hubby is very supportive but noone else gives a ding). Just remember that the main joy comes from within.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As I already said your comment means the world to me!!!!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning. I love the frame! It is gorgeous. Throw those doubts into your cup of tea and drown them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous Julie. DH & I should have stopped by this morning to see them while we were walking your neighborhood garage sale. Didn't buy anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might be here...I was at work!!!! I will bring them on tuesday!

      Delete
  5. Your stitching is lovely and TJ is right....enjoy it for yourself. My husband has said the same thing about every single thing I've made in the last 20 years .... "very nice". Doesn't matter if it took me 4 hours or 4 years...SIGH. Congratulations on your achievement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch!!!! I am enjoying them!!!!

      Delete
  6. The opinion that matters most is your own. You're the one that did all the hard work and put all the love into those stitches. I like your idea of living with it for a while. Every time you look at it, you should LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Anything less would be an injustice to yourself and the time you've put into it. If you find you don't LOVE LOVE LOVE IT, you can always have it reframed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! You are 100% right!!!! Living with them is working!!!!! I am loving them!!!!

      Delete
  7. Great work. If you like the frame then that is all that counts. DH didn't put all the time and hard work in the piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the frame, for the reason that it adds to but doesn't detract from the beauty of the mermaids..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the "scale-effect" of the frame, I thought it was perfect in the first picture you showed but didn't get a chance to comment!
    My hubby always goes on about "how much could you sell that for, all that hard work". He cannot believe how many I just give away as presents to special friends.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.