+

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Retreat






I had a wonderful Sunday at the annual Fall Stitching Retreat today. I managed to work on three projects of which one was a new start. I worked on Mediterranean Mermaid © Mirabilia, And They Sinned © Examplar Dames.

And my new start Endymion © Primitive Hare. I fell in love with this design immediately and just knew I had the perfect fabric in my stash for it!!! Thank you again Michelle for the beautiful fabric from Hand dyed by Nina.  I love the movie Bright Star and will be watching it again as I stitch this piece which is based on John Keats poem to Fanny Brawne .


It was a great day with friends and 70+ stitchers in one room at a lovely golf course. And today the weather was amazing as we were able to eat lunch on the patio in the warmth of the sun. I'm sure the golfers felt rather invaded but thats life. I look forward to the Spring Fling in April. I'm off to stitch some more and of course a fresh cup of tea!!! Oh and here is Bluebeard's Princess in all her glory hanging on her chosen wall......


And remember 10/19-21 is IHSW ...so ramble on over and sign up ....
  
PS......OMG  is all I can say!!!!! Nora has outdone herself with this month's release called Sleeping Princess © Mirabilia need I say that she is going to the top of my start pile!!!!!!! Thank you Nora!!!!!!  I have always loved Princess and the Pea................

7 comments:

  1. I love the projects you are working on and will enjoy watching your progress.

    I would love to see photos of how your home is decorated with all of the wonderful pieces I have seen you finish in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful progress! How fun to get together with fellow stitchers. I really love the movie Bright Star it is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, Bluebeard looks great on the wall, Juls. :D WIPs are looking awesome and HAHAHAHA, I see a new start in your future. ;)

    Happy IHSW'ing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You h ave some wonderful projects in the works and it will be fun to watch your progress. I hope that you get some extra stitching time in. And love that Mirabilia. I haven't done one of her pieces in a long time, but I really like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Med Mermaid is coming along so nicely. Isn't that hair a PITA?

    I love the new Princess chart. I won't be able to start it for quite some time, but I can't wait to see WIP pix!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.