The trip to NY was wonderful except for the glitch as previously mentioned.... It was so great to see my nieces Caitlin and Megan! And my brother Brian on not one but two occasions. We were able to fit breakfast in on the last day, just him and I. We have grown so close in the last 8-9 years and I cherish it. My nieces are my heart! I don't have children of my own and they are simply gold in my eyes, there is nothing I wouldn't do for them and they know it!!! They have grown into such strong independent self assured women! Something my sister and I never were at their age and something I took years to figure out and learn that it was okay. I actually think that they helped me along the way in subtle ways. Their parents deserve so much credit for their strength and wisdom!
And that surprise my hubby had for me was so very good. His cousin Lisa gave it away on Christmas day.....she felt so bad! But I kind of had it figured out! He had tickets to see Mary Poppins on Broadway!!!! I loved the movie as a child and have it on DVD. It's where I got my love of the "big bag" you just have to love it...I've never carried a small, petite bag...LOL. It was date night! We had a night out. The play was outstanding and he loved it too!!!! I also got so many souvenirs from the play!!! I really did feel like a princess that night. Then we went to Rockefeller Center to see "The Tree"!!!! It was so beautiful! The lights and people and angels leading up to the tree! I always say a little prayer at the tree...my tradition as well as talk to my sister. I just feel her there. I have pictures but haven't uploaded them to the computer yet so I'll make that a separate post. While there at the ice rink a couple got engaged the whole deal...down on one knee, she cryed, said yes, was surprised....well it was 2 days after Christmas. I just thought it was brave of him it being 2 days after .... well it's time for more coffee. Have a great day everyone!
edited to add.....we opened our presents last night and dh got me the OTT light that I so wanted!!! It helped that I took him to Jo-ann's during the sale but still he listened! And a U2 DVD!!!!
I am grateful for my better mood....
my sister is pretty amazing...it was great to spend time with her. I am just so proud to be related to her. And all that my daughters have grown into, she's had a major share in making happen. I love them....and her.
ReplyDeleteHi Julie~ Just popped in to say hi and Happy New Year to a fellow stitching blogger! (I found you on Vonna's blog)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful trip! Glad you had such a great surprise!
ReplyDeleteThanks all! I did have a wonderful trip in thinking about it! DH is a keeper! I'm beginning to like surprises!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had an amazing trip! I am going to see Mary Poppins this spring.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!