+

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday and an SBQ

It's my first full weekend off in I really don't know how long and I'm loving it! Yesterday was the Opera.....yes you read right! The Met in NY telecasts to theatres around the country and the world and it was so fun! We can't wait for next season!!! Romeo and Juliet, Hansel and Gretel and Tristan and Isolde are 3 of the 8 that I can remember! The only bad thing is it's at 10:30 in the morning since it's live.... Then it was the end of season bowling dinner. Two completely different things in one day....but it was so fun. There was karaoke which hubby couldn't get enough of!!!! I just cheered him on! They handed out awards both monetary and pins and patches...we got a little of both! And there was dancing too! It was an all around fun day!

And today a couple we've become friends with through bowling is coming over for a pool party!!!! And I plan to stitch before and after! I was too beat yesterday but work was good and I accomplished something good so that makes it all worth it!! Alphabet Sampler is almost done ! and on Thursday I'm going to my LNS to pick out fabric for "Queen of the Fairies." Any suggestions? I'm still contemplating getting the Venus threads for her.... And something exciting I'm introducing 3 new cross stitchers to the shop as well! I want to start them off in the right direction!

On to the latest SBQ :
Today's SBQ was suggested Danielle and is:Are you on "The Wagon?" If so, how long have you been on and how"serious" are you about it? If not, have you considered it?The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2007/04/sbq-the-wagon/

I really thought about going on the wagon. I even posted about it but I just couldn't pull it off my willpower is nonexistent I'm not sure I ever had any LOL.... Although I really need to consider it in the future since I'd have to live 2-3 lifetimes to complete all of my stash.....I am nearing the point of saturation though but these designers keep coming out with beautiful pieces. I am considering a wishlist though.....LOL


I am truly grateful for entire weekends off and stitching.........

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your progress on Alphabet Sampler. It sounds like you had a great weekend - hope you got to relax some. I think you should get the Venus threads - they really are nice to work with. Thanks for all the thoughts, notes and comments. I love my engagement card! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend Juls and finally had some time to relax.
    Looking forward to seeing the finish on your Alphabet Sampler.
    You will have such fun choosing your new fabric - SP has such a wonderful selection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been having the same debate about fabric for the Queen! I think something warmer... not so cool. Which rules out my ever lovely purples! I tried the wagon, I tried not a wagon, I've tried a wishlist. I have come to the conclusion I'm hopeless!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a big time at the Opera and bowling party! And it also sounds like a lot of fun!
    Have a great time on your week off! That's great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance of you shopping for your fabric Wednesday instead of Thursday? I'll be at SP till around 2 pm and would love to meet you Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hopeless with the Wagon too. Totally hopeless, be it I am a needlepointer.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.