+

Thursday, May 3, 2007

A new finish and my 102nd post

I don't know how it happened but I missed my 100th post...I think it's because I posted that Bono video. Well if it was for that then it was worth it. Now on to my finish! I finished Alphabet Sampler on Monday, April 30th but only now have a chance to post it. It's been a busy week. It's finished on PTPlus 32ct lugana Whimsey done with WDW over dyed floss in Purple Majesty. So here it is...... Again the fabric is a bit lighter IRL. Here's another picture..... Well it seems like blogger is not being very cooperative tonight so I am at a one picture limit! UGH!!!! I also started PR's Fairy Celebration......but the Dinky Dyes thread I picked "bottlebrush" was way too bold for the material so after 3 rows I pulled it out and picked anoter DD thread and am restarting it tonight...same material PTPlus 32ct belfast Crystal Fresco. As soon as I have some progress I will post a picture! I also received PR's "Queen of the Fairies" in the mail and then decided after some welcome enabling to get the Venus threads! So I am awaiting their arrival and then I will pick out some fabric and begin her since she has been whispering my name ever since I first laid eyes on her!

I did something really fun yesterday!!!! An adventure of sorts! I met a fellow blogger at my LNS -Stitchers Paradise. I met Margaret and it was so much fun. I have known that there are stitching groups there but me not being a morning person usually have never really gone during those times. I hope Margaret doesn't mind me linking to her blog. But she knew I was going on Thursday with some friends and left a comment wondering if I could make it on Wednesday and I was already planning to be there! Serendipity!!!! I had so much fun and now am planning to join the group on a routine basis...the ladies I met were all so nice and helpful! And Margaret actually found the new color for Fairy Celebration! So thank you so much my new found friend!!!! And on to today the 3 new stitchers I took to SP.....it was so fun to see the craft through new eyes and be a "mentor" as one of them called me!!!! We even have stitching parties by my pool planned! So as you can see it has been a busy week. All this with a migraine that keeps coming back but I won't let it win! I spent a little time this afternoon in my swing reading. I may have to take tomorrow if this feeling doesn't leave. Oh and on a totally non stitching note we have tickets to go see Johnny Mathis next Friday!!!! I can't wait...I grew up listening to him and he still makes me swoon!!!! We even have tickets to a meet and greet!!!!!
PS.... of course I also acquired a bit more stash.....I'm hopeless! I did start a wishlist but haven't put anything on it yet.....soon.

PSS....an SBQ.....Today's SBQ was suggested Kathryn and is:How many WIPs do you have? How many UFOs do you have? When does a WIPbecome a UFO?The permalink to this post is: http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2007/05/sbq-wips-and-ufos/

As of right now I have just one PR's Fairy Celebration but will soon have 2. I have about 5 that I should be working on but have a hard time with rotations so I'm not sure if they are WIP's or UFO's. I do have a bag full of definite UFO's......they are posted in my webshots album if you care to have a look. The last part of this when does a WIP become a UFO.....I'm not sure of since I have a few that are on the edge of that fence...LOL

That's it for now...I'm off to stitch and fight this migraine.......

I am truly grateful for finishes and friends.....

9 comments:

  1. It was so much fun meeting you yesterday Juls. Am looking forward to you stitching with us soon.
    Sounds like today was another fun day at SP. Well they sure chose a good stitcher to be there mentor. They must have been completely in awe of your beautiful Cinderella. I sure was!!
    Hope your migraine leaves soonest. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well isn't that snazzy?! You're a mentor to 3 new stitchers :) *always fun* and then you meet Margaret! I bet that was just too cool! I'd love to meet a fellow blogger sometime!
    Oh, and I wanted to mention...I don't know if you read it on my blog...but I'm getting a 1/2 yard of PTPlus fabric in Moonglow, because I fell into a pit about Inspiration by Rosewood Manor and momentary insanity and purchased everything I needed for it. But I figure I'll love the fabric because I knew that you use it pretty much exclusively :) Ever used "Moonglow" ? Hugs and so glad that you've made new stitching friends. And I'm sending good vibes so that Migrane goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish! Its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your latest finish is lovely Juls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alphabet sampler looks great Jules. Sounds like you had fun meeting Margaret. Isn't it the best to spend time with other stitchers?? Sorry about your migraine. I've had one on and off since Thursday night. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Alphabet Sampler, is that a freebie?? Please tell!!!

    I am happy to know that you are also going to stitch Fae Celeb using a dyed floss! Yay! I can't wait to see your WIP. Gooooo girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting that your Venus threads are on their way. I'm looking forward to admiring them and I'm sure the others are too. It was such fun meeting you and I will certainly let the blog world know about it in my next blog - that may take a few more days though.
    Don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your migraine. I hope you can fight it off.
    That purple heart made of letters...It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.