+

Thursday, November 8, 2007

It won't go away.....

Well it been days and this migraine won't quit! It gets better and then worse even taking to my bed with an icepack didn't help.... I even missed bowling last night the sheer thought of hearing all those bowling bowls being thrown just scared me with this migraine! I have taken every drug prescribed and now I think it's just toying with me.....I will not give in!!!!!!

I have pictures to share ...first my haircut! Everyone seems to love it and so do I! I've blown it out twice and it is so easy!!!!! Here goes..... and another


I took these myself today and I actually like them! What do you think??? I feel so good with shorter hair!!!!! Sometimes spur of the moment is good!!!!

And some stitching updates and stash....... I started Pretty Pumpkins by Glendon Place so here is an early WIP...so far I am loving it.....it's flowing nicely! And another... closer look! The fabric is PTPlus 32ct Heritage linen and it is lighter IRL!!!!

I got the most wonderful gift from my SIL and BIL ...a giftcard to my LNS Stitcher's Paradise and they were most generous!!!! I got many things including the companion piece to Cirque des cercles called Triangular!!!! I picked out the most gorgeous overdyed green and then went for the fabric...an overdyed purple!!!! What do you think...I am loving it! Here goes and another...the fabric is lighter IRL....as is the floss..... I don't know when I'll start it but I'm ready!!!
Oh and they also sent me a book that I wanted..... The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold! It is so good and just gets better! I'm about half way through and highly recommend it as did Deb . I read her other two books The Lovely Bones which was spectacular and her memoir Lucky which I think is necessary reading . It helps one heal and even feel again!!!! I actually met her at a book signing while I still lived in NY and she did a reading and then graciously signed my copies and we chatted about just how life altering I felt her books were to me! I am hoping beyond hope that she makes a stop in Las Vegas!!! I would be so thrilled to see her again!!!!
I'm off to a cup of Prince of Wales tea and some stitching if this migraine will let me.....Thanks for reading this far and of course for commenting! I so appreciate them all!!!!!
I am grateful for cups of tea and stitching.....
Eta...I stitched a bit and took another Relpax and it may be premature but the migraine is less intense and painfull....Yah! I'm off to bed!!!!! See you all tomorrow and again thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

  1. Pretty lady! I love your hair!
    Lovely stitching. Will look forward to watching you stitch triangular.
    I hope your migraine goes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair (it's cut just like mine!) I think a bob is the most flattering of all haircuts and face shapes. You are beautiful!

    And I love the green and purple for the new Ink Circles piece! It's going to be stunning!

    PP is coming right along too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you hair short hair is my favorite .
    The green and the pruple will look great with each other.
    And I hope your migraine is gone soon.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love your hair! You look beautiful:)

    I love the green thread and purple fabric together for the new Ink Circles. It will look stunning. Your progress on Pretty Pumpkin is gorgeous. Lovely colours:)

    I hope your migraine is gone soon. Sore heads etc are no fun at all and can really get you down {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks great!

    I love the colors you chose for the new Ink Circles design too.

    I hope you feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juls i just seen your comment over on the snowbirds sal blog for the CdC SAL. You should definitely join! Leave a comment for Dani on her blog http://tkdchick.blogspot.com/
    shes's been organising it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your haircut looks fabulous, it really suits you.

    And I LOVE the green floss, I've been desperately seeking inspiration for Cirque des Cercles, I never thought of green but I've been inspired now!!

    Sorry about the migraine, I know first hand how truly miserable and debilitating they are. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the haircut! Just like mine, only mine's longer in front and angles to really short in the back.

    ...and I'm glad to see you back blogging. Thought we lost you for a while, ha,ha! When you get a chance, show the finished photo/chart for Pretty Pumpkins. I love the colors and would love to see the whole thing. SOOooooo autumn!

    Doing an anti-migraine dance for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty Pumpkins is looking beautiful! Love your new haircut too! The colors you've chosen for Triangulair are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hair!
    HAve you tried effexor xr for your migraines? That is the only thing that worked for me. If not, ask your doc about it! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your haircut is very cute!
    and you are a pretty lady!
    I just wanted to let you know my trick when I have harsh headaches - just in case it will work for you
    eat a tablespoon of peanut butter, and wash it down with a cup of milk before bed... The protein helps and I am not sure why but the milk does wonders ...
    Hope your migraine is over soon.... I love your blog and visit often!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair is darling...I had mine in a bob earlier in the year...they are very flattering!

    I have no advice for the migraines as I get them too and they just need to do their thing..hope it finishes for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sad for your migraine. :( I can't even imagine how you must feel.
    I didn't know CDC has a companion piece or however they're called.
    I hope the rest helps, at least a bit. And your medic of course.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.