+

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fabulous

I have the most fabulous news!!! I have been smiling for days about it as well!!!!! But alas no pictures does this post contain....It's all about my nieces visit here! We were talking after the hugs and greetings...oh how I missed her! When she asked if I would teach her counted cross stitch!!!!!!! Apparently when she was in NY for those 6 weeks getting better she was also bored and her mom told her she needed a hobby and she picked up a stamped cross stitch pattern and completed it but hated it....no wonder there! So off we went to Stitcher's Paradise (my LNS)...she quickly picked a suitable pattern with Crescent Colors overdyed threads not too big either I think the stitch count was 76x76 now onto fabric...I thought she'd pick a plain fabric....no she wanted an overdyed fabric with sparkles.....I did insist on Aida for her first project though. So she got a 14ct PTPlus Crystal Earthen. And later when we got home we had her first and only lesson! I gave her one of my Qsnaps and she quickly took to it after I taught her the basics. Her stitches are perfect and she truly loves it! I really meant to take a picture. So Dh comes home to the two of us on the couch stitching!!!! It made my heart happy! I have since talked to her and she is loving it! She says it quiets her mind and I totally agree. With needle and thread in hand we are creative souls!!!! I am one happy Aunt!!! It must be in her genes is all I can fathom!

I am just feeling better after a migraine so I haven't picked up a needle this weekend yet but am planning to just as soon as I sign off.....I just had to share my wonderful news!!!!! We had such a great visit just doing things together and relaxing! She truly is my heart!

I am grateful to be migraine free and to have such amazing nieces......

May your needle fly through your fabric.........

10 comments:

  1. Dear Julie, So happy to hear you so elated to have your niece there with you. I know the love that flows from us aunts! It's wonderful she wants to know how to stitch, and what a great gift you can share with her. You have to find a way out of these migranes, Juls!!
    Love and hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I can still remember when my mother taught me to cross stitch.... and I am still in love with it to this day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to share...not only your love for each other, but for needle and thread too :) Awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful for you to be able to share your gift with your niece. Now, you will be able to talk stitching lots!!! And to introduce her to that wonderful store - I'll bet she loved it. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome is that? Congrats to you for inspiring in your neice the love of the needle. It is a bringer of joy and she will have you to thank! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww that's so terrific about your niece. :) You see what an inspiration you are! She sounds like a great kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful visit with your niece Juls. I can hear your joy and happiness in this sweet post. How exciting that she has joined the stitching ranks. I completely agree that stitching quiets the mind.

    hugs, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please tell her, "Welcome to the stitching world!" from the residents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing better to me than when someone wants to be taught the art of stitching!!! That is awesome news and I am sure that it made your visit even that much better. So glad that you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine how you must have felt, when she asked you to do that. You must've been over the moon for joy! She got better, and now you both can stitch. What can be better?

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.